Tuesday 10 April 2018

Korean Beauty Additions

     Everyone knows how popular Korean skin care products are today. I'm curious, so I thought I should give it a try. I have combination skin that is oily on the T-zone and normal on the rest. My main concerns are dull, uneven skin tone, and hyperpigmentation from post-acne. I actually saw these products from Wishtrend's YouTube videos about getting rid of acne scars and brightening. Then I ordered from YesStyle.
    First of course is toner. This is Dear Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner, and it is the most popular toner in the market today. It balances the skins pH, and moisturizes it. It prepares the skin for the next product for better absorption. The main ingredients are Sodium Hyaluronate and Lipidure for locking in moisture, Beta-Glucan for soothing skin irritation, and Centenella Asiatica Extract for anti-oxidant. It's also suitable for sensitive skin types as it contains minimal number of artificial chemicals. From the ingredient list, most of it is from botanical extracts. I was also surprised that it has Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, which is a Vitamin C derivative! A 180 mL/6.08 oz bottle costs $22, and will last up to 2 months!
     What is Korean skin care routine without essence? This is Skin&Lab's Dr. O2 Clinic Oxygen Ultimate Brightening Essence. It has Bamboo extract, and Spirulina for moisture and clarity, Cynara Scolymus leaf extract for oil-control, and Oxygen water and Niacinamide for brightening!
     This product is super fun to use because it bubbles up! The product feels a little sticky after applying, but it goes away after about 30 minutes. The downside of this however is that it is heavily fragranced so it might not be good for sensitive skin types.
      Last is this moisturizer from Chica Y Chico, Nude Fantasy Whitening Cream. You might be confused why I picked up a product that says "whitening". Although whitening is everything in the Filipino and Asian cultures, I simply do not believe in that. Let's embrace our kayumanggi skin Filipino people! From what I heard from the videos I watched, it might have been just a bad translation. Instead of whitening, they just mean brightening.
     Although it's not labeled as an SPF, it also has Titanium Dioxide, which what lightens the skin instantly, but what I'm after is the niacinamide and arbutin in this product to fade my hyperpigmentation. I use this during night time because i think the "whitening" effect looks like a bad, uneven, patchy white-cast.

     After 2 weeks of trying these products, I did notice that my complexion has brightened and faded my acne scars.
Before
After. The big red acne mark has faded! But ignore the white cast from the cream. Look also at the dewy glow from the toner!

No comments:

Post a Comment