Thursday 4 August 2016

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Review: Manila & San Juan

I got these as birthday gifts from my boyfriend. I picked these two colours in particular because it is summer. These have been popular for a couple of years now, but this is the first time I'm going to test these out because there aren't a lot of places where you can find NYX. If you live in Canada, Shopper's Drug Mart have just started carrying it.

Let's start with Manila. I tend to stray away from bright pinks. But I picked it anyway because that's the capital city of the country I'm from ❤️.
 
When I first looked at the colour, I though it would be more of a peachy pink. I didn't expect it to be quite neon, which personally I don't like. I like the creamy/moussey consistency, which makes it feel light and not drying compared to other brands I've tried. However, I think this contributed to the streaky application.

The product sank into the lines on my lips, which made it look patchy. It is very hard to apply and even out.

Next is San Juan.
 
I picked this colour because I've been looking for a nice orange. However, like Manila, this turned out to be neon, too. In terms of application, this colour is worse as Manila. It is even more streaky and catches on to the dry parts of your lips.

All in all, I would say skip this product, especially if you tend to have dry lips. If you're really good at lipstick application, you can probably make it work. But if you're a beginner like I am, this is gonna be hard to apply.






No comments:

Post a Comment