Thursday 26 May 2016

Orange Creamsicle Makeup Tutorial


Orange Creamsicle Makeup Tutorial


   It's been raining in Calgary for at least a week now, and today there's a thunderstorm. So what better way to celebrate that than to do this summer inspired look!

  I used the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette and Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick in Chocolate Milkshake, (Funny how I use both of their chocolate-infused products but I'm doing orange creamsicle. Meh they're both sweet.)

   Let's start with lips first because that's the simplest step: PUT IT ON YO LIPZ! Done! :D
You're probably wondering why I used this lipstick to get this look. I actually just came up with this accidentally. I was just going along with no direction, then ta-dah! Most of you are probably thinking that this lipstick is a lot more pink than orange. But when I apply it, it looks more like a peachy-browny-nude on me. Maybe it's how my Asian skin tone pulls the color out of the lipstick. If you're cool toned, Chocolate Honey will probably be a better choice for you. I could have used my NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in San Juan, but I think that color is too neon for this look.
I swear I don't have a 5 o'clock shadow! That's just the shadow from my phone!
      Now for the eyes.
   On the crease, I used Salted Caramel using a Real Techniques Deluxe Crease brush. You can use any big fluffy brush for this. Using the same brush, I put Milk Chocolate on the outer V. Then using an ELF Eye Crease brush, or any smaller blending brush, I put Semi-Sweet on the smaller area of the outer V, concentrating it near the lash line. With my fingertips, I lightly tapped Creme Brulee on the centre and inner part of my lid. Then using a Real Techniques Accent brush, I put Champagne Truffle on the tear duct area. Lastly, I used Triple Fudge as an eyeliner with a Real Techniques Brow brush. Curl your lashes and use your favorite mascara, I used Benefit They're Real.

   Oh! Blush! I only own 2 blushes. I have a warm peachy Cover Girl Instant Cheekbones in Peach Perfection that I use during spring and summer, and a cool plumy Almay one, which I don't know what it's called because the top cover broke off, that I use during fall and winter.


   Here's the final look! Thank you very much for reading my very first makeup tutorial. Hopefully I'll do a video one day, but my train of thought flows much better when I'm writing than speaking, which makes me a very awkward person. But as they say, practice makes perfect so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment