Monday 26 September 2016

Tarte Tareist Lip Paint (TBT) Review

Tarte Tareist Lip Paint (TBT) Review

    I know I'm kinda late on the bandwagon. I've been hesitant to get this product because I read or watched somewhere that it was very drying. But I went ahead and bought the shade TBT because mauve lips are very in, especially as a fall color, and I never owned anything from Tarte.

   I am very surprised since I had a very bad experience with the very first liquid lipstick I bought, which is the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Vampira. I was so in love with that color but unfortunately, it became a dry patchy flaky mess, so I had to return it :( I wished I took pictures of it and wrote a review on it. Tarteist however is creamy and moisturizing. It has a very similar consistency as the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, but this applied very evenly. You can read my review on the NYX SMLC here!

Comparison of the shade from the bottle
Right after application.
After drying. You can see I have dry spots on my lips but it wasn't emphasized.
Window light and still wet
Outside with indirect sunlight and dried

After 4 hours, before eating
After eating (I ate a chili dog. It was quite messy)

   What I forgot to do is provide a kiss test. But I'm glad to say that after it has completely dried, it doesn't transfer at all! Also, if you don't close the bottle tight enough, oil will leak and will cover the entire bottle. But needless to say, this really has been my go to lipstick color!


No comments:

Post a Comment